Saturday, December 15, 2012

Connecticut Sadness

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — The massacre of 26 children and adults at a Connecticut elementary school elicited horror and soul-searching around the world even as it raised more basic questions about why the gunman, a 20-year-old described as brilliant but remote, was driven to such a crime and how he chose his victims.

How does one even begin to explain or make sense of this??? You can't, no matter how hard you try. I can tell you this, It angers me to tears and I want to make it stop - but it won't. My backyard, my home state is hurting and I can't do a damn thing about it. I can't hug my friends, I can bring back what was lost and I can't answer their question "WHY?" I am left on my knee's begging God to help them. I  beg with tears in my eyes. I am asking him to take my blessings away to help them.

Now the USA is split on gun control. I get both sides but then the image of Jesus standing there with a gun in hand tells me "it's not the way". Here is something too, to think about if you are not a person of faith. You have two sons, one is normal (as normal as one can be) and one has a mental issues. Which one has more rights to a gun?? Well if you live in the USA "they both do. Now can someone explain to me how this is right. Each person is expected to be responsible for ones actions - I get that, but now we have a room full of children "GONE" where in the HELL are their rights to live??? Taken away in the name of gun rights.

This will not go away or be fixed, we live in a world about being right. It's all about protection of our "OWN" rights instead of thinking what or how others may suffer or lose to obtain those rights. No one wins! I keep telling myself I am not NOTW (not of this world) - my time is temp and I need to do the best that I can. And during that time, I am going to see more of such EVIL because it's his world too. But why can't we fight the EVIL - who says we have to settle. Start by honoring your neighbor and friends and serving others. Keep your eyes open and be ready to help.

To the families, my neighbors, , my friends, my home state: I love you more then you can imagine. I hurt too, I think and pray for you. I pray for the future, the pass and the presence. I pray that others will put others in front of themselves to help make a change. I pray that God will pass throw all of our vein to make us one. To the children I wish you a silent night:

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace


1 comment:

  1. Incredibly moving and thought provoking. I dont know the gun laws over there, but they sound scary. Only special police carry guns over here and the general public tend not to.

    My prayers and thoughts are with those that are hurting.

    ReplyDelete

RV Help/Networking

">

Etsy Shop for MrsCraftyRVing

Blog Visit Counter